- photos -
Yesterday was Ian's birthday. He and Timon were off early for soccer tournament games in Hazelton. They got back by about four, excited that they had won and will go on to championship games in Kamloops. They came peeling into the house with two more buddies, on a victory high and eager to begin a birthday celebration. Pretty soon two other boys arrived to join the fun. All together it was a pretty loud, exuberant, energetic event. No surprise that we chased them outside a fair bit to expend their energy there. They were fine with that. They threw the football, played some more soccer, banged around on the dock on the pond, and took turns racing the 'rickshaw'. They broke it, of course, which was no great loss, but they promptly set out to fix it in the shop.
By the end of the day, when all the guys were gone, Ian commented that it was a full, busy and tiring day. Right indeed.
So were the last weeks. We have been keeping an eye on the sky looking out for the chance of the first snow. Indeed there were a few inches on Friday morning. It didn't last though. Regardless, I think we are quite ready for it. The wood supply is good. The snow blade is on the ATV.
During the previous weeks the fall colours have been spectacular. The first week of October our staff had a two day retreat near Houston. The retreat centre is in a beautiful setting by a lake. The rising sun on a foggy cold morning made for an enchanting scenery. I had a chance later that day to work on a watercolour painting, just to capture the feel of the place. It was a real blessing to be there, enjoy team building activities and relax.
Last Saturday Timon and I took a walk up to the Twin Falls. I was surprised to find that there was a lot less water coming down than during the summer days when we usually visit there. There was less spray and a good bit of ice on the rock walls and in the creek. Quite pretty indeed.
Last Friday I had to lead a ProD day for our staff. It was a good day of learning and sharing. It came at the end of a busy week. So much so that I went to bed at 8:30 that evening and slept for 12 hours. Long time ago I did that.
We're excited to have tickets booked for Christmas trips. We're so looking forward to having most of the family home.

No comments:
Post a Comment