October is gone and we got our last stuff out of the Horlings Road rental home by the end of the month. This last week we have been working on unpacking boxes organizing rooms and cupboards, etc.
It is a bit of an adjustment but a good one. We have less space than we were used to but fewer people in the house.
The whole process of switching over utilities etc. one more time has its troubles and rewards. We are back to excellent water quality with lots of water supply, and .. . we have high speed internet again. That's a big deal here and we feel very blessed to have both.
Judith asked me to take some photos that could help her with her phone calls. "I need to picture where Mom is when I'm talking to her for a coffee call in the morning."
Wilma has a favourite spot by the big window with a view to the mountains. She is too busy to sit there much but I'm guessing that, when you call, she will. So have look here and pick up the phone.
We've had a week to unpack stuff and organize our home. There is still one room that has lots of things stored in it but most of the rest is ready and comfortable to live in.
Our home does not have a workshop or garage or even a carport [yet] so we will have to make do with all the tools in the spare room for now.
Saber, Ian's dog is getting much more comfortable with the place too. We've kept him tied up on the chain for most of the time when he's not out for a walk with us, but it appears he can handle a bit more freedom. He became acquainted with the neighbour's dog and the cat that came with our house. The dog is good but the cat was scared off by Saber's playful barking. Saber is of course the kind of dog that will bark up a tree. He literally did today when he was trying to have a conversation with a squirrel that he chased around.
This week Wilma aims to work on painting the large bedroom that will eventually be Ian's room. It may, for a while just function as a guest room. Yes, we will need that guest room because Grandma is planning to stay with us for a while. We are so looking forward to that.
Work is proceeding as usual. It is great for Wilma to have her office set up, to have telephone and internet running well.
I'm extremely busy with the work at school. I'm enjoying it, even the times that involve stresses and conflicts, but it is an all absorbing job. There's not a whole lot of time left for things such as yard maintenance, home remodeling or blog writing .. as you noticed.
I'll try to stay on it, but do not hesitate to remind me if it takes too long.
Oh, and by all means, do write a comment. It would be interesting to find out if people are actually reading this stuff.
Enjoy.
3 comments:
First comment! Yeah!
So cool to see the photos and find out how you're doing! I especially love the photo of Ian driving like a maniac on the lawnmower. I laughed out loud when I saw it. That comment about Judith phoning for "coffee chats" was a hard poke in the shoulder for me :) *hides face in hands* I'm sorry! If I don't call you often enough, call me instead! It might just force me to stop doing school work...
Love to all of you!
Amy
I laughed too, that is a great pic of Ian! Made me think of when he first started mowing the lawn, and had to use his WHOLE body weight to push the lawn mower. Remember?
Thanks for all the pics, too. It's nice to see "everyday" around your place. (We actually go a bit un-settled this weekend, because we did some office moving....but more on that later).
Jonathan was stoked this morning because Big White got snow. Combine that with the snowmobile show that he went to on Saturday, and I have one happy camper over here!!!
I love the Thanksgiving memories, too, especially the tractor, with people WAY up in the air! (I noticed an absence of women monitoring in that shot!)
Love, Judith
Yup Hugo, we are actually reading this stuff..
Greetings from Fritz and I..
Post a Comment