Last week was a short one for me in school. Wednesday through Friday I attended a Principal's Conference in Sumas WA. We enjoyed great Spring weather, good fellowship and inspiring presentations by Tony Campolo and David Collins. On Thursday I had opportunity to slip out and have dinner with Amy and Tim.
It was a blessed week indeed and by time I returned to Smithers it wasn't over yet.
Wilma has been recovering from her back pain at an amazing rate. When I came back Friday night she was pain-free most of the time. She could walk and lie down comfortably and sit for short periods of time. We are truly thankful for this answer to prayer.
Saturday started as a gloriously sunny day with the promise of opportunity to get much work done around the house. After a morning walk with the dog we did breakfast and morning coffee. Then we got to work taking the canvas shelter down. We want to have things cleaned up for when time is right to start building the garage / workshop. Ian and I took the framework apart and stored it for future use. We moved all kinds of stuff till the gravel pad area was completely cleared. I measured and staked out the area where we expect the building to go. We will first need to truck in gravel to enlarge the current pad. On that we will pour a concrete pad on which we will erect the structure.
Now that the weather is changing and the days are getting longer we really want to get going on this.
No comments:
Post a Comment