Sunday, May 3, 2009

Northern peculiarities

This north country living has its peculiarities:
1 - Just as we were into - what we thought would be - a slow process of climate change, we had a week of warm spring weather that brought the natural world to life at amazing pace. Tree are budding, geese and swans and cranes are at accelerated migratory journeys, song birds are suddenly everywhere, people walk around in shorts, I actually had to use air conditioning in the car for a while, the greenhouse door has to stay open much of the day because of the rising heat in there, and ... we spend all kinds of time outside cleaning and pruning and moving firewood etc.
2 - I had to go for a consultation with a specialist. I left school at 9:30. I got there nicely in time before my 2:00 appointment. After a bit of a wait I had a good conversation and examination of about 20 minute. The 380KM ride back from Prince George went smoothly enough to get me back to Smithers in time to attend that evening's boardmeeting.
3 - I wondered why the builder who will help us with the garage construction looked puzzled when I mentioned my conversation with the building inspector. Then I talked with my neighbour about his megasized garage and workshop and he said : "Oh, but I didn't ask for a permit. I don't have one for my house either."
Nice peculiarities, these.
Wilma is doing fantastically fine. She keeps reassuring me that she has no pain issues, just the occasional numbness. Sitting is the only thing that still gives her some problem but she lasted through two church services without having to get up. We are extremely grateful for such answer to prayer for healing.
Ian is content. On Saturday he made a terrific bacon and eggs breakfast. He even went to ring the big bell when is was time to come and eat it.
So far for today.
Greetings to all

2 comments:

Amy said...

Go Ian!!!
It sounds like you're all enjoying the turn of the weather immensely. I'm so glad to hear that Mom is doing that much better - it's a real answer to prayer. I was worried!

Judith said...

Praise God for His faithfulness, and evidence of it in healing and springtime renewal! Mom's going to see all of the springtime awesomeness here this week, too.

And now maybe I could borrow Ian to cook for us for a while?