Sunday, February 27, 2011

Blog 75





Dedication


This blog comes from Kelowna.
Today is the occasion of Ella's dedication. It is a wonderful, celebratory day.

I have the blessed opportunity of a weekend trip to be with Judith, Jonathan, and Ella for this special weekend. Wilma planned for this trip through AirMiles some time ago saying, 'I had my turn when Ella was born.' So I flew out on Saturday morning and expect to get back to Smithers Monday afternoon.

Judith and Jonathan had cautioned me before I arrived yesterday that Ella had not responded well to strangers lately. She proved that right yesterday afternoon after I arrived here. But by evening we started to make friends. Today she was as good as gold in spite of all the strangers, the noises, music and lights.

The ceremony was a joyous family event that gave clear evidence of God's love and plan for families, for kids in His church and His Kingdom. The family time that followed at home involved the Henriksons and Neufelts.

Ella was of course the cutest ever. She is alert and responsive. Life revolves around food and sleep for her but in between there are lots of smiles to rewards her parents.

...................
The last few weeks have been busy with work as usual. We had some days of thaw, then some good frost again. It turned some snow into ice that made for some tricky roads. The photos show what that looks like in our yard.

In the mean time the studio is ready and in use. It is great to have a place to keep my stuff and have some art work in progress. The first piece finished is, surprise, the view of the mountain.

1 comment:

Marya said...

Ella looks very cute and familiar!!! Congratulations on her dedication, opa and oma. Our granddaughter, Lena, was dedicated too around Ella's age. Hugo, Wilma, when I get a chance I get to read your Blog... and smile. Memory Lane looks great. I'm glad you all seem to enjoy that beautiful Bulkley Valley.