Sunday, January 23, 2011

Blog 73

Photos


Remarkable days
I just asked Wilma what to write for this blog.
'Ummm, nothing remarkable happened, really.' she said.
"Everything just goes. That's probably a good thing."
I would agree, though unremarkable is remarkable enough in and of itself. I read that the dark days of January are considered some on the most depressing times for many people.
We feel blessed with steady work, confirming relationships, and a level of comfort and stability that is not norm for many people. For this we are extremely grateful.

This morning our pastor reflected on God's attitude toward the unsaved and His desire for the salvation of all men. We contemplated God's words about the 120,000 people of Nineveh in Jonah's days. These were a pretty ruthless, godless people that He desired to save because they were creatures of His design. That's remarkable. We usually don't stand out for showing great concern for those who threaten the church. I'm learning that we should.

After my last blog we had days of snow that increased our overall snow cover considerably. That layer of snow on the roof looks quite nice and works as good insulation. Snow on the ground can be more of a hinderance. The snowblade on the quad really comes in handy for this. Both Ian and I went out a few times to clear the driveway and the yard.
In the mean time firewood continues to travel from our woodpile into the livingroom, into the woodstove, out the chimney, into the air and then, partially, back onto our property.

Coming week is exam week. Ian will have school on Monday and write an exam on Tuesday. Other than that he has a winter banquet to attend on Thursday evening and an assignment to participate in school skiday on Hudson Bay Mountain on Friday. Shucks. The demands on grade 10 students are pretty overwhelming.

The second semester starts on Monday.
That means that Ian is at the midway point of his career at BVCS. Two and a half years from now is his graduation. He will be doing a good bit of growing and learning in that time.
Where does that put Wilma and me? When we moved here in the summer of 2009 we said it would be for at least the time required for Ian to start and finish High School. We can't look that far right now. As it is, we are content with our work, our community and our place.

On Thursday I will travel to the hospital in Prince George for an MRI scan. The doctor set that up for further investigation of my Tinitus problems. I'm not sure what kind of results I hope to get from that other than a possible explanation and direction for improvement. I don't have great expectations.

I've been moving things into the studio. It is good to get that organized. I hope to be able to share some creative work soon.

No comments: