Sunday, November 30, 2008

Wisselvallig

The Dutch have a word referring to weather that is a little bit up and down, freezing and thawing, raining and sunshine. 
That sort of sums up the week.
It was up and down, highs and lows, busy times and some down times; generally a bit of a grind.
Friends left some nice flowers to cheer up our world.
The last few days the temperatures have gone up to the extent that yesterday and today a general thaw had set in. We heard rain on the skylight and saw the melt water run our of the down spouts.
On Saturday the ski runs opened. According to past tradition the first day was free skiing, consequently we had a number of the senior students missing from school.
I started on a contraptions two weeks ago that is meant to keep the snow off the trailer roof. I haven't been able to complete it yet. Maybe a good thing that the snow is melting. I might actually get that thing up there with a tarp and secure it before the next dump.
Wilma has been working hard for two weeks to et her students' report cards finished. By Friday evening she sighed with relief that that was completed.
Now I have to start and work on our schools' this week.

No comments: