A Saturday in the snow
It's been a tremendously busy week. We completed report cards. The teachers worked hard to get everything ready for the end of the week. Ian's report card was very nice. He works hard and he has fun at it. We're pretty proud of his achievements and the great way he is fitting in.
On Thursday evening the school band and choir had their concert in the local theater. Ian played his part on the electric guitar. It was great seeing him there. The whole performance was inspiring and moving. The choir had some wonderfully uplifting songs.
Saturday we took time to be busy around the house.
On Friday we had close to a foot of snow so we needed to clear the driveway. I broke down last week and located a ATV with a plow blade that could help us get the job done. It looks like we are going to need it a few more times.

Ian and I spent a good bit of time clearing the snow from the greenhouse. The accumulated snow had created a bit of pressure on the plastic. Regardless, Ian had great fun messing in the snow and 'digging creatively'. And of course, after all that we took a fun ride around in the field.
Ian insisted on making photos of the food ... bacon and eggs at lunch. That lead to a bit of banter in the end. He caught that on camera too.
We're doing well, but we're getting rather exhausted.
Two more weeks to Christmas break. We are ready for it.
3 comments:
Looks like you guys had a great day... although what is that thing Ian is wearing on his head in one of the photos?!?
Hope you have a wonderful, blessed Sunday!
It looks unbelievably beautiful there! I'm counting the days until Tim and I join you - I am looking forward to the chance to relax away from school and work and business...
Lot's of love...
We saw piles and piles of snow like that this weekend, too. It was quite the adventure, and totally worth the trip!
Looks like those wheels are pretty fun!
I'm just missing of Mom with those snow shoes she tried....
Post a Comment