Monday, October 12, 2009

Fall journey

Read on-line I Photos I Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)


I skipped last week's blog. Life was busy and before I knew it time had slipped by. I had done the photos though. I'll tell you about those.
Our winter supply of firewood is all under cover and ready. Of course I didn't get the stacking method right all the time and one pile came crashing down. But that was fixed alright with some more splitting. Now all the wood is snow free and spaced enough to keep air moving. I'm quite sure there is more there than what we burned last year.

Ian played a great game of Volleyball last week. They won the first match handily but the second they began loosing one serve after the other. By time they were 15 points behind I was sure they could not catch up. Then it was Ian's turn. By time he lost a serve they had caught up to be only 6 behind. His buddy Tyler served next  to get the team to win by 1 point. Pretty amazing stuff.
On Sunday morning I enjoyed another fantastic early walk. The early light off the water of the Bulkley is really something special to see. You must imagine these photos with the feel of crisp air and the sound of migrating Sandhill Cranes high overhead.
God truly makes and maintains a beautiful world. If He works so intently on stuff like this and delights in it, I'm encouraged that He will even more bless us with every good thing.

More on the Thanksgiving weekend next time.

1 comment:

Amy VanderHoek said...

So cool (both literally and figuratively)! It's hard to imagine that just over a month and a half ago I was standing by that river wearing shorts! The steam rising off the water is gorgeous. Congrats to Ian too! That was quite the feat.