Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Day

Read on-line I Photos Subscribe
What a joy to have a break, a time of rest and celebration with family.

Amy and Tim arrived Monday evening. All of us have have had a leisurely time since. We enjoy each others' company, have some good food and lots of Christmassy snacks. We sleep in a bit in the morning then have a coffee, stoke the fire, and have a chat before we really get going. Last night we watched a movie together, the previous evening we played a game. Tim had a chance to ride the ATV to plough the drive way and the yard.

It is good to have down time after a period of intense work. Wilma has been so busy with her school work. I've been occupied with report card time and meetings regarding the campus amalgamation process for 2011. The board decided on an administrative structure where Klaas Kort, the current elementary school principal,  will be principal of our new K-12 school and I will have vice principal responsibilities. (You will find our statements to the effect on our school website: http://www.bvcs.ca)
I'm good with this change. I'm quite ready for a time of less stress and more opportunity for other things. Since moving to Smithers I have hardly done any art work. I'm just finishing the studio in our house so I can't wait to get some creative work done.

Family time in winter includes some winter sport activity. Tim and Ian were on the slopes all day yesterday and will again on Monday. Ian has developed his slide down our hill again and he is perfecting the jump at the bottom. I went out with the ATV to set the track for the toboggan run. We have enough snow for it.

Last week we attended an amazing performance of Handel's Messiah. It was such a great blessing to hear the gospel message in music we know so well and performed locally at a level of impressive quality. 

Tonight we are doing the Christmas presents. We are missing Kristen, Judith, Jonathan and Ella. They, no doubt, would like to be here for the evening and in a way they are through their notes and presents. I'll include a few photos in the photo gallery.

Blessed Christmas every one!

No comments: