- photos -
I went for a walk this morning.
God's world is wonderfully beautiful.
The expanse of the ski, the clear view of the mountain, the silence of the early morning were so movingly appropriate for an Easter morning.
I think that it is the awareness of God's unconditional act of love that makes all of His other actions in creation seem just as beautiful.
It is truly amazing to think that on a 'good friday' evening so long ago Jesus would have me in his thoughts when he choose to give up his very life.
Just as amazing that on an early morning such as this He would put on life again as one pulls on fresh clothes so that I could have the promise of eternal life.
I walked along with a profound sense that there is really, never anything to worry about in our lives.
Yet we do.
I find that every time I divert my eyes from the mountain, as it were, I fret about work or health or future.
'I cast my eyes up to the mountain. Where does my help comes from. My help comes from the Lord who made heaven and earth.'
Interesting how quickly things can change.
We are busy and focussed on things to do, problems to solve, and then a long weekend and special celebration bring you back to the bigger picture, the larger context, one that is none of our doing and all of God's plan.An elderly gentleman stood up in our congregation this Easter morning and professed his faith in God and his passionate love for Jesus. It was tremendously moving to hear him nearly shout out his commitment to the Risen Saviour.
Nature itself is indeed proof of how quickly things change.
The temperatures are holding steady with nice warm days of over 10 and only light night frost.
Last year April 4 we stood out in the field with Judith and Jonathan burning branches and wood and roasting marshmallows. This year that same kind of weather and burning opportunity was delayed to April 23. That was yesterday and we cleared brush, branches, and even burned part of the pond bank to get rid of the thistles. It was a glorious day for outside work. I got some more shelving done as well in the garage and some more window and shelf mouldings went up.
Mom is feeling fine. Her bad cold, flu, etc. are mostly history. She is going strong at home and with her school work. She will be gone to Salmon Arm and Kelowna May 7 - 13.
Ian does well. One of his friends came over yesterday afternoon and they had a great time.
It is hard to imagine that there are nine full school weeks left before exams start in June. There's lots to be done before that.
No comments:
Post a Comment