One strange winter
-photos-
This Thursday evening we'll have our annual High School Winter Banquet. One of the games requires baby pictures of all staff. So I dug out the old black and whites and found this one. I'm guessing that photo is some 50 years old now. Pretty cute, right? (My sister I mean.)
Wonder if that is a bit of a head lock.
The world seemed like a very different place then. Are we getting any wiser while we get older? I think I learn more about my own limitations. I find more proof of God's presence and faithful attention. That's a good realization. Life is nor always very certain. We are finding that there is no real job security, no real health insurance, no actual financial stability. I'm guessing that God is happy that I'm learning that lesson. It confirms Him as the only source of certainty, security, and stability.
Since coming back from the Fraser Valley in January the temperatures have been hanging around 0. A bit of frost during the night. Around 0, or some thawing, during the day. Only last week, when I joined the grade 9 class in the evening during their winter camp, did it get considerably colder. It is so tempting to think that this winter is not really going to happen and that it will ease into Spring.
Somehow it does appear like the right time to get a puppy dog. There's not really a chance to run all over the yard and get onto the neighbours' property. We had actually not been planning to get a young, untrained dog at all, but someone wanted to get rid of one desperately. So we relented when it appeared that this puppy was very trainable and friendly with people and other animals.
So, introducing ... Milly.
She turns out to be quite an intelligent dog ... or maybe she learns well because she's young ... or we are actually doing some research figuring out how to train a dog. Regardless, it looks pretty promising so far. She comes when we call, stays close to the house, and craves attention.
Attached are some more photos, just to keep you up to date.
Post a comment, will you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment