Winter tranquility
- photos-
Early morning sun on the fresh snow is amazingly beautiful.
Last Sunday I went out for a morning walk just to enjoy the peace and tranquility.
It was rather metaphorical I thought. It occurred to me what powerful difference it was to experience the same scenery as usual but with a fresh bit of clean snow in brilliant light.
Waking up in eternity must be something like this, finding familiar things completely changed, improved, fixed, beautified. More so, the lifting of spirits that follows the enjoyment of things that are beautiful and good, in and of itself is an act of communion with the Creator. I've shared the quote before: "Every experience of beauty is a ray of God's glory touching our sensibilities".
Have a close look at these photos and think of what God says: 'I will make all things new.' 'I am the light'. Feel called 'out of the darkness into His wonderful light'.
It is on a sunny morning that I am reminded that God, by His nature, is consistently beautiful and light, all the time.
I am the one who forgets. A few days away from noticing His good nature I find myself again under clouds, staring at things that speak more of limits than of glory.
I intend to go for a walk again soon.
Pray for sunshine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment